Are you looking for things to do in Terrebonne? A walk through Île des Moulins and the old town is an opportunity to learn about its history and discover all its attractions. Solve challenges at each step to learn about your next destination.
Walk from the Île des Moulins to the Collège Saint-Sacrement then to City Hall as well as the Théâtre du Vieux Terrebonne and the Maison Bélisle. You will have fun completing challenges.
- Île des Moulins
- Maison Bélisle
- Théâtre du Vieux Terrebonne
- Saint-Sacrement College
- Saint-Louis de France Church
- City Hall
- Terrebonne History Museum
- and much more
We tested this hunt in July 2020.
- Starting point: in front of the l’Île des Moulins Public Library, 855 Place Ile des Moulins, Terrebonne, QC J6W 4N7.
- Distance: 2.2 km / 1.4 mi
- Duration: 2 hours
- Method: walking
- Fully charged smartphone with internet access (4G or LTE; wifi is not enough)
- Bottle of water
- Local street map
The Seigneury of Terrebonne began in 1673, under André Daulier Deslandes, secretary-general of the West Indies Company, but he never came to live there. In 1720, Father Louis Lepage de Sainte-Claire became the lord.
In 1832, Joseph Masson acquired it and developed its commercial and industrial activity. The first bridge connecting Terrebonne to Île Jésus was built in 1864.
In 2001, the city merged with Lachenaie and La Plaine.