Are you planning a trip to Ottawa? It’s a beautiful city to visit in any season, for its architecture and its parks. Its international constituents expect a culinary scene that meets its expectations, and Ottawa does not disappoint. While developing our Ottawa Tourist Scavenger Hunt, we identified several restaurants in Ottawa that have been acclaimed by many food critics while making the top of popular foodie lists.
8 restaurants in Ottawa
- The Beckta Restaurant is located in a historic mansion on Elgin Street, not far from the Lord Elgin Hotel.
- This is one of the best upscale restaurants in Ottawa.
- Whalesbone is a seafood restaurant, also located on Elgin Street, much appreciated by locals and food critics.
- Bridgehead restaurant is rated 4.3 stars on Google and is one of Ottawa’s best restaurants according to several publications. It features Canadian cuisine with home roasted coffee and organic teas.
- Also located on Elgin, south of Somerset W, this restaurant features reinvented Italian dishes.
- The E18hteen Restaurant (4.5 stars on TripAdvisor) is on York between the Byward Market and the Millennium Fountain.
- Among the best restaurants in the area, it serves seafood and various steak cuts, always with a seasonal flavor.
- The King Eddy
- Located on Clarence in Lower Town, between Notre-Dame Basilica Cathedral and the Byward Market, this restaurant is open 24 hours a day from Wednesday to Sunday.
- Its specialties are burgers of all kinds.
- Riviera is on Sparks pedestrian Street opposite the Ottawa Insectarium, near Elgin St.
- It is, according to many, one of the best places to have a cocktail and snacks at the end of the evening.
- Sansotei Ramen
- This Asian soup restaurant is located on Bank Street, at the corner of Laurier.
- You will find 6 varieties of noodles to put in your soup.
We invite you to try our Ottawa Tourist Scavenger Hunt. It is a 2-hour self-guided walking tour of the downtown area that you do with your smartphone (how it works). It costs $35 for a group of 2 to 6 persons. You’ll come across most of these restaurants and much more. Moreover, you’ll enjoy solving the various challenges at each step of the way while learning the history of Ottawa.Suivez-nous / Follow us